Small, compact flowers that bloom beautifully all summer are a real decoration of a flowerbed, flower bed and lawn. Such annual and perennial plants do not require special care, and their proper selection allows you to create beautiful garden compositions.
Types of flowers for flower beds, blooming all summer
The list of the catalog, which includes the most popular perennials and annuals that can bloom throughout the summer season, is very extensive. Among the huge variety, low or dwarf varieties are especially popular.characterized by abundant flowering and unpretentiousness.
The most popular among domestic flower growers, low-growing and flowering in summer crops are represented by three-colored violet, sage oak, geranium, panicled gypsophila, gentian, phlox, soft cuff, bells and shaved, but most often grown:
- carpet or ground cover varieties Balkan geraniums, the height of which does not exceed 25 cm, and a characteristic feature is the presence of openwork bright green foliage, which turns yellow and red in the autumn. The flowering phase begins in the first ten days of June. The flowers are purple and dark red, fragrant;
- long blooming sedum False and Evers varieties, not more than 20 cm high, with creeping shoots and fleshy pale green foliage. Flowers of bright raspberry staining, star-shaped;
- ground cover Highlander related with evergreen lanceolate leaves and pink spike-shaped inflorescences that need to be grown on flowerbeds well-lit by the sun;
- dense and spherical bushes armeria seaside ones are characterized by elongated lanceolate leaves of a bluish-green color and pink inflorescences located on a thin stem part;
- open type variety lobularia in height does not exceed 15 cm and has thin stems with oval foliage. They form spherical and whitish-pink inflorescences with a pronounced honey aroma, which persist from the first days of summer and continue until the onset of noticeable frosts;
- aerial part of clove variety crimson arenaria represented by reddish low stems and bright green leaves, and pinkish-colored star-shaped inflorescences adorn a well-leafy plant until autumn.
Especially unpretentious and popular are miniature bushes of gaillardia. The flower is relatively small, terry, bright orange staining with a yellow border. The decorative perennial blooms before the onset of frost, and has fluffy green leaves collected in a basal rosette.
How to grow sedum
To decorate the garden and flower gardens of the homestead territory, annual decorative crops are often used, characterized by beautiful and long flowering. The average height indicators of the entire aerial part of the stunted annuals do not exceed 25-30 cm. Such plants are very often used as ground cover species, which effectively fill the void between roses and ornamental shrubs, and also successfully complement lawn grasses. More often than others, the following low-growing annual crops are used in the design of personal plots:
- for flower beds - Iberis, nemophile and night violet;
- for rockeries or rock gardens - ageratums;
- for borders of curtains or workers, as well as framing garden paths - daisies.
The cultivation of annual plantings is considered the easiest and fastest option for landscaping the site. As before, various varieties of marigolds and dwarf asters are universal and very popular in garden floriculture.
Varieties of beautiful small and dwarf flowers for flower beds
Low or dwarf flowering plants can conditionally be divided into sun-loving and shade-tolerant crops. For small flower beds, compositions based on ageratum, rock alissum and a mixture of undersized asters, which are perfectly complemented by mixed verbena, marigolds, flax and nemesia, which are unpretentious, take root very quickly and can become an ornament from early spring to late autumn days, can be recommended. .
To beautifully arrange sunny areas, it is best to use fluffy ageratums. Viols are characterized by attractive flowering, and among dwarf asters the name of the variety Milady is very popular, which compares favorably not only with its extraordinary beauty, but also with high resistance to various weather changes. Connoisseurs of large-flowered compositions prefer to use abundantly blooming garden decorations dwarf species of tagetes rejected, but very elegant and rich look give begonias. In order to obtain yellow and orange accents, it is recommended to plant calendula stunted with double or simple flowers.
Flowers for the flowerbed in blue
Small and very delicate flowers of sky blue or deep blue coloration have been a hit of garden decoration in the last few years. In the spring, the first to bloom are the liverwort, scilla or scilla, chionodox, muscari or mouse hyacinth, pushniya, forget-me-nots, brunner and groundcover. To get abundant and long-lasting summer decoration in the conditions of home gardening it is best to plant the following species:
- shade-tolerant perennial aquilegia or catchment. The plant has beautiful carved leaves and blue, blue-blue and blue flowers. Low-growing varieties reach a height of 30-35 cm;
- popular annuals and perennials bellsdiffering in height and possessing blue and blue flowers that do not lose their decorative effect for a long time;
- unpretentious and undemanding perennial delphiniumswhich come into bloom in the first decade of summer and are characterized by plentiful and very long flowering;
- photophilous and drought-resistant, fairly winter-hardy and low hyssop will become not only an adornment of garden plots, but also popular as a medicinal plant and spice;
- annual and perennial flax need sufficiently fertile and light soil, which is well warmed up by the sun;
- many amateur gardeners are very fond of iris or killer whale, which are perfect as a decorative decoration for flower beds and flower beds;
- special frost resistance and unpretentiousness differ aconites or fighterwhich are best suited for growing not only in sunny areas, but also in shading;
- among the most popular quickly spreading ground cover crops can be attributed to many years periwinkle small, which is distinguished by brilliant dark green foliage with a smooth surface and abundant flowering;
- low veronica is the best option for a personal landscape and is most often used in the design of natural flower gardens;
How to care for the dolphinium
- perennial shrub lavender will be a successful addition to flower beds located in areas exposed to the sun and tolerates dry and hot days;
- look very picturesque in combination with low decorative herbs muzzlethat can complement blue chicory, cornflowers, meadow geraniums and sage;
- ground cover phlox presented at once by several varieties with blue and bluish-blue flowers, which, while observing the cultivation technology, retain decorative effect for a long time.
Particular attention is recommended to pay to platikodon or wide bell. This attractive and very popular perennial herb will be a great addition to any flower garden, but in order to get the most magnificent and beautiful flowering, the flower bed must be provided with sufficient sunlight.
Options for combining stunted flowers on a street flower bed
When planting low flowering plants, you must always adhere to the standard scheme:
- in April, planting of ageratum seedlings in the central part of the curtain or flower bed is carried out, which will make it possible to obtain a magnificent center of the flower arrangement;
- surround the agratum with annual flax, which is sown in the last ten days of April, and the variety with red flowers Rubin and the white-flowered variety Clear Eyes are the most popular;
- around flax in early May you can plant seedlings of a mixture of undersized aster, the flowering of which will please the eye until mid-autumn;
- The curb part of the created curtain is recommended in mid-April to issue small-flowered and lushly blooming shaved.
According to experienced gardeners, the most sophisticated are compositions that combine flax, aster and cornflowers. To get the most attractive flowerbed, you need to combine not only perennials, but also short-growing annual plants.
Correctly and attractively to arrange rabatki, curtains, alpine hills and other types of flower beds in a personal plot is not at all difficult. Beautifully flowering perennials and annuals of dwarf sizes and popular groundcover are beneficial not only for their low maintenance, but also will serve as an excellent protection of garden soil from weeds.