The real queen of autumn - pumpkin - is widely used in cooking. Most often, sweet preparations in the form of jam or compote are made from it. But pickled pumpkin has a special, slightly spicy taste. Spices and acid help to achieve completely different notes. A wholesome vegetable becomes unusual, but insanely tasty.
Pickled pumpkin: winter recipe without sterilization
Pumpkin prepared according to this recipe is something special. In addition to the fact that the spins will be stored even without sterilization, the vegetable in them turns out to be unusual, with a pleasant sweet and sour aftertaste.
- 0.7 l of water;
- 25 gr Sahara;
- 15 gr salts;
- 60 ml apple cider vinegar;
- 8 gr. allspice;
- 5 gr. cloves;
- 5 gr. mustard seeds;
- 15 gr dill seeds;
- 5 gr. bay leaves;
- 5 gr. cinnamon.
- Pumpkin is cleaned and all seeds are removed, the pulp is cut into pieces.
- The crushed it is laid out in boiling water and blanched for 6 minutes.
- Then the water is drained, and the heated pieces are laid out in jars.
- Spices are also spread there.
- Water in a pan is mixed with sugar and salt, boiled and vinegar is finally added.
- Hot marinade is poured into cans, corked and flipped, necessarily wrapped.
After complete cooling, the container is moved to the basement.
Estonian pineapple or pickled pumpkin
Pickled pumpkin is a bit like an exotic fruit. That is why it is called the local pineapple in Estonia. Marinating this stock at home is quite simple. Trying this appetizer is definitely worth it.
- 1 kg of pumpkin;
- 320 gr Sahara;
- 0.7 ml of water;
- 70 ml of vinegar;
- 8 gr. cloves;
- 5 gr. cinnamon
- 8 gr. nutmeg;
- 8 gr. Ginger
- Initially, they clean and cut the pumpkin in strips, put it in a pan and fill it with water.
- Sugar is added to the same pot and vinegar is added, the mixture is infused for 1 day.
- All spices are put on cheesecloth and tied, put this bag in a pan with pumpkin.
- Cook all 7 minutes.
- Then set aside and insist 30 minutes, remove the spices.
- The finished vegetable in the marinade is distributed into banks, hermetically sealed them.
Pickled Pineapple Juice
Sweet pumpkin in combination with pineapple juice takes an unusual taste. Its conservation is carried out in just a few stages, which can not cause difficulties. As a result, it is possible to get an incredible, unusual blank. Not only children will be delighted with her.
- 1.2 kg of pumpkin;
- 0.7 liters of pineapple juice.
- Vegetables are peeled and cut into small pieces.
- Pineapple juice is poured into the pan and, after boiling, add chopped vegetables.
- Boil only 7 minutes.
- The hot workpiece is laid out in jars and filled with marinade, corked.
Spicy pumpkin for the winter
Incredibly, canned pumpkin, depending on how the marinade was prepared, can be salty, spicy or even spicy. Amazing vegetable absorbs all the aromas and tastes. Due to which it turns out completely different, but always impeccable.
- 0.6 kg of pumpkin;
- 120 gr. apples
- 80 gr. celery roots;
- 80 gr. sweet pepper;
- 3 gr. star anise;
- 3 gr. fennel;
- 3 gr. dried dill;
- 10 gr. garlic
- 8 gr. bitter paprika;
- 5 gr. cardamom;
- 5 gr. bay leaves;
- 4 gr. allspice;
- 0.7 l of water;
- 35 ml apple cider vinegar;
- 35 gr Sahara;
- 25 gr salt.
- Celery and pumpkin are peeled, cut into small bars.
- Apples are cut in half.
- Sweet pepper is cut into strips, after removing the seeds.
- Jars are filled to half with slices of orange vegetables, spices are spread on top.
- Add sliced garlic and hot pepper.
- To the top of the container is filled with a mixture of apples, celery and pumpkin.
- Water is poured into the pan, salt and sugar are added, and boiled.
- All cans are filled with the resulting brine, insist for 30 minutes.
- Then the liquid is poured again into the pan, vinegar is also added, and boiled.
- The cans are filled with marinade and quickly corked.
- Tara must be turned over and wrapped.
After complete cooling, they are transferred to the cold.
Korean pickled pumpkin: how to prepare for the winter
No matter how surprising it was, but even a pumpkin can be prepared in accordance with the traditions of Korea. The vegetable acquires a delicious aroma and a pleasant, islandy flavor. It becomes even more appetizing and fresh. A piquant note transforms it, makes it perfect.
- 0.6 kg of pumpkin;
- 25 gr garlic
- 70 ml of oil;
- 35 ml of vinegar;
- 15 gr Sahara;
- 10 gr. coriander;
- 8 gr. seasonings in Korean;
- 7 gr. salt.
- Juicy vegetable is peeled and washed, rubbed with long thin strips, spread in a bowl.
- The coriander is ground in a coffee grinder and poured into the same bowl.
- Seasoning and chopped garlic are poured there.
- All products are mixed, pour oil and vinegar to them, insist 3 hours.
- After that, the salad is laid out in jars and watered with juice, which as a result was formed.
- Additionally, the container is sterilized for 25 minutes and then hermetically sealed.
After cooling, the cans are transferred to the cellar.
How to pickle a pumpkin for the winter
You can not only pickle a pumpkin or make caviar out of it, the salting of this fragrant and healthy vegetable is also popular. A pumpkin cooked in this way is an excellent appetizer, which is suitable for meat dishes, fish, and absolutely all side dishes. In addition, it is not necessary to wait until winter to take a sample from this workpiece. A few days are enough for her to acquire the necessary taste.
- 3 kg of pumpkin;
- 1.2 l of water;
- 45 gr. salts;
- 12 gr. red pepper.
- The fragrant vegetable is washed and peeled, cut into small pieces, spread in boiling water and blanched in it for exactly 6 minutes.
- After that, prepared pieces are laid out in a bowl.
- Water is mixed with will and pepper, a little warmed up and thinned.
- Cooked brine pour vegetables in a bowl.
- After that, they are pressed by oppression and insisted for 3 days.
The finished product is laid out in a suitable container and placed in a cellar or refrigerator for further storage.
Pumpkin in sweet and sour marinade
It may seem strange and even unrealistic that a pumpkin, depending on the method of its preparation, can acquire different shades of taste. Sometimes it turns out to be sweet and tender, in some cases sharp and piquant. If you try, you can give it a spicy flavor. But she will never be tasteless, simple. Due to this, there is such a huge number of recipes for preparing this healthy vegetable for the winter. Absolutely every housewife can choose the one that suits her and her family. This can not cause difficulties, since all blanks without exception have excellent taste.