You can pickle not only vegetables, but also berries. For example, pickled grapes are considered an excellent winter snack. Interestingly, grapes can be pickled not only as a dessert, but also as a spicy snack, used as an ingredient for salads and main dishes. Before you start pickling, you must carefully prepare the main ingredient.
Rules for choosing grapes for preservation
To prepare pickled grapes, you must carefully select the ingredients. This is required not only to improve its palatability, but also to preserve their freshness as long as possible.
The best grape varieties suitable for conservation are:
It is these varieties that are characterized by large fruits, a dense shell, loose flesh. Also an excellent option for canning is considered seedless grapes. In order to preserve the freshness of the workpiece for a long time, it is necessary to carefully sort the berries before cooking. Dents, cracks, signs of rot should not be present on the fruits. The grape branch should not be light green - this shade suggests that the berries are not ripe.
After the berries are sorted, you can proceed to pickling them.
Pickled grapes: a simple harvest for the winter
One of the easiest to prepare workpieces is considered one that is prepared according to the classic recipe.
- 2.5 kilograms of grapes;
- 1 glass of vinegar essence;
- 4 glasses of water;
- 2 dessert spoons of salt;
- 1.5 cups of sugar;
- 1 pinch of cinnamon;
- 2 bay leaves;
- 1 clove;
- 3 peas of allspice.
How canning occurs:
- Salt, sugar dissolves in water. The liquid is put on fire, seasoned with cinnamon, bay leaf, cloves, pepper, mixed and brought to a boil. The marinade is cooked for 5 minutes, and then supplemented with vinegar and removed from the heat.
- Berries are washed, dried, distributed in banks.
- Hot marinade is poured into the workpiece. Banks are covered with lids and sent for sterilization. Sterilize the twist should be within 20 minutes.
- The blanks are corked, put upside down, wrapped in a blanket and left alone for 1 day.
Interestingly, this pickled grape in its taste and appearance is compared with olives. To ensure maximum similarity, grapes for olives should choose green or black varieties.
The recipe for pickling grapes without sterilization
You can also pick grapes at home using the dessert method. Berries prepared according to this recipe have a bright rich taste and are very similar to the taste of ripe grapes.
To preserve berries, you must:
- 0.8 kilograms of raisins;
- 70 milliliters 9% vinegar;
- 600 milliliters of water;
- 160 grams of sugar;
- 1 cinnamon stick.
How to cook without sterilization:
- Kishmish gets over, washed in cool water, dried and poured into a liter jar.
- Water is poured into a separate pan, sugar is poured and cinnamon is put, the liquid is mixed, cooked for 6 minutes.
- The marinade is removed from the burner, mixed with vinegar. Cinnamon is taken out of the liquid.
- The berries are poured with hot marinade, the blanks are immediately rolled up, put upside down, insulated and left for 12 hours.
Such an appetizer will be not only an excellent dessert, but also a good snack to a light white wine. In this case, it is better to serve canned grapes with a piece of cheese.
How to preserve Isabella for the winter
The best option for preserving Isabella for the winter is to make jam from it.
To do this, you need:
- 1 kilo of isabella;
- 1 kilo of sugar;
- 100 milliliters of grape juice.
How to make jam:
- Berries are washed, dried, sprinkled with half sugar and left for 10 hours.
- The rest of the sugar is mixed with juice and put on fire. The liquid is brought to a boil and boiled until sugar granules are completely dissolved.
- The syrup cools to room temperature, and then mixes with berries.
- The mass is put on a quiet fire and cooked until all grapes settle to the bottom of the pan.
- Hot jam is poured into clean jars, put sterilized for 15 minutes, corked with a seaming machine.
- The workpiece is turned over and insulated.
Jam prepared according to this recipe is saturated not only in terms of taste, but also in color. Most often, Isabella takes on a black tint.
Georgian pickled grapes
A distinctive feature of this recipe is that in the process of preparing the workpiece, not individual berries are used, but small clusters.
So, in addition to grapes, ingredients for pouring will be required - for 1 liter of water you will need:
- 2 tablespoons of sugar;
- 2 dessert spoons of salt;
- 500 milliliters 6% vinegar;
- 9 peas of allspice;
- 5 bay leaves;
- some olive oil;
- 1 pinch of cinnamon;
- 2 cloves.
Pickling takes place according to the following technology:
- Spices are placed at the bottom of the washed cans.
- Large clusters are divided into small ones so that on one of them there are only 6-7 grapes. Bunches are washed, scalded, dried and stacked in a clean container.
- A light load is placed on the grapes so that the berries do not float. The load is fixed with two sticks inserted in the neck in a crosswise position.
- Grapes are poured with vinegar, boiling water, in which salt and sugar were previously dissolved.
- Then, oil is gently poured onto the top of the workpiece. The oil should form a layer half a centimeter thick.
- The blank is covered with parchment, tied and stored at a temperature not exceeding 10 degrees for a month.
At the end of 30 days, a Georgian grape snack can be opened and eaten, while the jar should be rearranged in a cool place.
Grape dessert for the winter
From whole grape berries for the winter you can make jam. Such a delicacy is a real dessert, because grapes, interacting with walnuts, maximize their taste. To prepare a dessert you need:
- 500 grams of grapes;
- 500 grams of sugar;
- 1 handful of walnuts;
- 50 milliliters of water;
- a pinch of vanillin.
How does conservation work:
- Grapes are removed, washed, blanched for 6 minutes.
- In a separate pan, water is mixed with sugar. The container is placed on the burner, and the sugar in it is brought to complete dissolution.
- Blanched grapes are immediately transferred to hot syrup, everything is mixed and boiled for another 5 minutes, removed from the burner, covered with a lid and infused for 5 hours.
- During this time, you can prepare nuts. For jam, you need half their kernels. It is advisable to rinse and dry the walnut first.
- The pan with grapes is put on fire, its contents are brought to a boil, mixed with vanilla and nuts. Everything is mixed, cooked for 20 minutes, laid out on sterilized jars, sealed and left to cool.
Ready jam can be stored at room temperature in a dark place. According to a similar recipe, you can prepare grape jam with orange zest.
Pickled Grapes: Grandma Emma's Recipe
Presents recipes make it possible to quickly and easily prepare preservation of grapes for the winter. It is worth considering that red varieties require a longer heat treatment, so when using them, it is necessary to add 5-15 minutes to the cooking time.