Rosehip has a unique vitamin and mineral composition, which determines its use not only for culinary, but also for medicinal purposes. Rosehip jam is able to reveal almost all the taste and beneficial properties of berries. There are many ways to cook this delicacy, all recipes can be divided into two groups: making jam with stones and without them.
Rosehip jam: useful properties
Rosehip is a leader in the content of ascorbic acid, which helps strengthen immunity. This property of goodies is especially necessary in the winter, as it is able to protect the body from viruses.
Rosehip jam also has the following properties:
- increases the level of performance;
- struggling with fatigue;
- invigorates the body;
- restores after suffering stress or physical exertion.
Also, dogrose treats can improve a person’s well-being in case of circulatory disorders, kidney pathologies, infectious diseases, accumulation of fluid in the body, malfunctions of the pancreas, colds and flu. A treat of rose hips will help overcome bronchitis, tonsillitis, stomatitis, cardiovascular pathologies, normalize blood pressure, and lower blood cholesterol.
Rosehip jam: a classic winter harvest recipe
You can preserve all the taste qualities of rose hips by cooking jam according to the classic recipe.
In the cooking process you will need:
- 1.2 kilos of rosehip berries;
- 1.2 kilograms of sugar;
- 1.2 liter of water.
How to cook:
- Rosehip is washed, moved, cut and cleaned of seeds.
- Berries are transferred to a container of water, blanched for 3 minutes. The resulting broth is poured into another container, mixed with sugar and sent to the ring. After dissolving all the sugar granules, the berries are poured into the syrup.
- The mass is left on the burner until it boils and is cooked for 3 minutes. The pan is removed from the burner and cooled for 7 hours.
- The capacity is returned to the burner, the mixture is boiled to the desired density. This usually takes 12-18 minutes.
- Freshly boiling delicacy is laid out on sterilized jars, corked, put on the lid and cools in a warm blanket.
The jam cooked according to the presented recipe has a mild taste due to the absence of seeds and a dense texture of the berries due to their short heat treatment.
The method of preparation of rosehip jam with seeds
Such a prescription for making jam will be the best option when using small berries, since it is quite difficult to remove the seeds from them.
In the cooking process requires:
- 1.2 kilos of rose hips;
- 700 grams of sugar;
- 260 milliliters of water;
- 30 milliliters of lemon juice.
Bone treat is cooked using the following technology:
- Berries are washed, peeled from stalks and seeds.
- Sugar dissolves in water, the liquid is put on fire and brought to a boil.
- Washed berries are poured with hot syrup and infused for 7 hours.
- The container is placed on the burner, and its contents are brought to a boil, cooked for 5 minutes, removed from the heat and infused for 12 hours.
- The pan is again placed on the stove, the treat is brought to a boil, mixed with lemon juice and boiled to the desired density.
- The jam is immediately laid out on sterilized containers (optimal volume is 0.5 or 1 liter), corked, turned over, wrapped in a blanket and left to cool completely.
Lemon juice added to the treat will restore the natural bright color of the berries.
How to cook rosehip jam
Rosehip jam is an excellent option to complement pancakes, and it is also often used as a filling for baking. This is due to the fact that the delicate and soft texture of the sweetness allows you to evenly distribute the mass over the bakery product.
Jam is made from the following ingredients:
- 600 grams of wild rose berries;
- 200 grams of sugar;
- 1 cup of water.
How to prepare:
- Berries are picked, cleared of stalks, seeds.
- Rosehip is transferred to an enameled pan, filled with water so that it covers the fruits, and cooked until the liquid boils.
- The mass is filtered, the berries are rubbed through a sieve.
- Sugar is poured into the puree, a glass of water is poured. The mixture is put on fire and cooked for half an hour on a quiet fire.
- Ready hot jam is distributed among sterilized containers and sealed.
You can determine the readiness of jam during the cooking process by picking a small amount of mass with a spoon and laying it on a saucer. When the treat has cooled, it should not drip when turning the saucer.
Five-minute rose hips
The best way to preserve the nutrients in the dogrose is to cook five-minute jam from it. Such a preparation will be an excellent prophylactic during the period of flu and colds due to the preservation of a large amount of vitamin C.
- 1 kilo of rose hips;
- 100 milliliters of water;
- 1 kilo of sugar.
How to weld:
- Rosehip is washed, cleaned of villi and seeds, transferred to a container of water.
- Sprinkle the berries with sugar, pour 100 milliliters of water. The mass is mixed, sent to the fire and boils for another 5 minutes.
- The treat is removed from the burner, covered with a lid and infused for 10 hours.
- Next, the cooking procedure is repeated twice.
- After the third cooking, the finished hot treat is transferred to sterilized jars, corked and cooled at room temperature.
Store the workpiece in a cool, dark place, for example, in the basement, refrigerator or cellar.
Rosehip jam with oranges: how to cook in a slow cooker
You can cook rosehip jam in a slow cooker, and for cooking you can use both fresh and dried fruits. In the cooking process you will need:
- 800 grams of wild rose;
- 2 cups sugar;
- 2 cups of orange pulp (with zest);
- 300 milliliters of water.
How to cook a treat for the winter:
- Berries are washed, cleaned of villi and seeds, laid out in a multicooker bowl.
- Rosehip sprinkled with sugar.
- The orange is washed, cut into several parts, peeled and crushed in a blender along with the zest.
- Orange puree is added to the bowl of the multicooker. Water is poured into the mass, everything is mixed.
- The device is activated in the quenching mode, and its timer is set for 1.5 hours.
- After an hour from the start of cooking, the mass should be kneaded with a pusher and sent to cook back.
- Hot jam is distributed over sterilized containers, corked with a lid, wrapped in a warm blanket and infused for 2 days until completely cooled.
Orange will add a touch of sourness to the jam, and its zest will add piquancy.
Rosehip jam with pits
The presented methods for the preparation of rosehip jam allow you to tasty and quickly cook a healthy treat. It is worth considering that the most useful jam is obtained from berries of a small size, but it is more difficult to peel them. In this case, the delicacy can be cooked from whole washed berries, such jam due to the heat treatment of the seeds acquires an unobtrusive bitterness.