You can do a lot with cauliflower - it is dried, frozen, salted, pickled, made delicious salad platter with other friendly vegetables, such as cucumbers. What recipes are there and how to cook delicious cabbage - read on.
For those who like spicy
The recipe, which will be discussed, is called "Korean Cauliflower", such a dish is very tasty, rich. Carrots, different types of peppers and the main participant in such a salad have a pleasant crunch.
Cabbage canned in this way is cooked long enough, about 3 hours, but the effort will pay off handsomely.
Let's start with a list of necessary foods and seasonings:
- cauliflower disassembled for inflorescences - 1 kg;
- large carrot - 1 pc.;
- sweet pepper, preferably red (it gives the desired color) - 2 pcs.;
- a couple of heads of garlic of medium size (for a brighter flavor, you can take large heads);
- hot pepper, you can chili - 1 pod;
- half a teaspoon of ground black pepper;
- a tablespoon of chopped coriander;
- half a teaspoon of cardamom seasoning;
- the same amount of nutmeg and cloves (all ground).
In order to prepare the marinade, you need:
- boiled water about 650 ml;
- a full tablespoon of salt;
- vinegar (if 9%, then up to 100 ml, and in the case of 6%, not less than 150 ml);
- sunflower oil - 100 ml.
- Cauliflower must be sorted by inflorescences and make them about the same size.
- It needs to be blanched: for such an amount you will need about 3 liters of water, which should boil, after the cabbage is lowered into a container and after a few minutes discarded in a colander.
- Once the cabbage has cooled, it must again be divided into smaller parts, so that it is more convenient to put it in cans (scalded cabbage is more convenient to parse - it does not crumble and simply disconnects).
- Carrots need to be peeled, washed and chopped as on Korean salads, and garlic crushed by the press should be added to it.
- Free the pepper fruit from the seeds and make thin slices, hot pepper is cut the same way, but the seeds and most importantly how much to harvest is up to everyone to decide: the severity of the dish depends on them.
- Combine all products with spices in one bowl and mix so that each vegetable is well coated with seasonings.
- The last step is to prepare the marinade: the whole composition is mixed in a separate container and boiled for a couple of minutes, then the vegetables are poured, the jars are covered with lids and sterilized again.
- Then tightly roll upside down and cover with warm cloth.
According to this recipe, cauliflower is better stored in a dark and cool room (a cellar, a cellar and even a dark room in an apartment are suitable for this).
Cauliflower without spill sterilization
- cauliflower - three kg;
- bay leaf - five pcs .;
- three carrots;
- black pepper peas - 15 pcs.;
- three bell peppers;
- cloves - six pcs.;
- garlic - 250 g;
- cherry and currant leaves - five pcs.;
- three onions;
- three sheets of horseradish;
- three pods of chili pepper;
- dill is a large bunch.
- table vinegar - 40 ml;
- drinking water - one and a half liters;
- sugar - 60 g;
- table salt - 90 g.
- Disassemble the cauliflower for inflorescences, put in a colander and rinse under the tap. Peel, wash, and chop carrots, garlic, and onion into thin slices. Bulgarian and hot peppers free from tails, partitions and seeds. Cut the vegetables into rings. Leaves of cherries, horseradish and currants, rinse dill, dry.
- Wash and sterilize glass containers in the oven or over steam. At the bottom of the jar, place carrots, hot and sweet peppers, garlic, onions and spices. Place the cauliflower on top, ramming tightly. Pour with boiling water, cover with boiled lids and leave for seven minutes.
- Cook marinade in a separate saucepan. Drain the can and fill the contents with boiling marinade. Seal the jar tightly with a lid, turn it over and leave it until the next morning, wrapping it in a warm cloth.
Another spicy cabbage option
List of necessary:
- cauliflower - 2 kg;
- boiled water - 2.5-3 l;
- sunflower oil - 200 g;
- granulated sugar - 100 g;
- table salt - 2 large tablespoons;
- 14 cloves of garlic;
- a large bunch of parsley;
- sweet pepper - 200 g;
- 9% vinegar - 160 g.
- As in the previous dish, cabbage must be cut into pieces and blanched (2 min.), Then leave to cool.
- Pour water, vinegar and vegetable oil into the container, add salt and sugar, chop the garlic very finely and add it here, cut the pepper into thin slices, and chop the parsley with the stems. Mix all this and let it boil.
- Then add the cabbage and boil everything together for about 15 minutes.
- Next, put everything in a jar and preserve the still warm dish.
In this recipe you do not need to turn over or wrap the jars, but just let them cool in a natural way.
Pickle and salt
You can cook cauliflower at home in several simple ways, let's dwell on them in more detail.
- large forks of cauliflower (if the salad is expected to be prepared for a larger number of people and in large proportions, then all the ingredients are doubled on this basis);
- large carrot;
- bulgarian pepper;
- small onion heads - 5 pcs.
To prepare the marinade, you need:
- 1 liter of water;
- a couple of teaspoons of salt;
- about 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
Spices are offered based on each 0.5 liter capacity:
- black allspice - 7 pieces (peas);
- carnation - 3 inflorescences;
- bay leaf - 1 leaf;
- small hot pepper - 1 pc.;
- 70% vinegar - 1 tsp.
To make such a dish, it is worth following the following steps:
- First, prepare the vegetables: disassemble the cabbage into pieces, cut the carrots in the same circles, chop the sweet pepper into cubes.
- Whole onions, prepared peppers and carrots are put in the jar at the bottom, they cover everything with cabbage and pour boiling water for 5 minutes.
- While the vegetables are sterilized, you should take care of the marinade: mix all the products for it, add all the seasonings and leave to boil.
- After the water is drained from the vegetables, vinegar is introduced and quickly poured with still hot marinade.
In this preparation, you can add greens (parsley or dill), so the dish will become even more spicy.
In order to pickle this kind of cabbage, you will need a small list of products and not so much effort, as, say, in cooking assorted:
- cauliflower - 3 kg;
- 7 pieces of large carrots;
- purified water - 1 liter;
- 2 tbsp. l salts;
- black pepper in peas - 5 pcs.;
- well-washed leaves of currant and grapes;
- celery and dill - in a good large bunch.
- Cook vegetables in the appropriate form - divide the cabbage, and cut the carrots.
- Leaves of currants and grapes are put at the bottom of the container into which vegetables will be preserved, then they are filled to the top with vegetables, they are covered with finely chopped celery and dill.
- In order to prepare the brine, you need to mix water, salt, pepper and bring everything to a boil, pour in the cabbage, close the jars and leave in a cool place.
Recipes for winter preparations with cauliflower can surprise housewives and guests, for example, vegetable home preservation with the addition of cucumbers and tomatoes.
- small cucumbers that easily go into the jar - 8 pieces;
- large forks of cauliflower;
- 5-6 cloves of fresh garlic;
- medium tomatoes - 6 fruits;
- sweet pepper - 3 medium fruits;
- one leaf of horseradish;
- a large dill umbrella;
- a few tablespoons of salt;
- White cabbage.
Note that ordinary cabbage needs as much as it goes.
Products for marinade:
- 3 large spoons of sugar;
- 5 pieces of pepper black peas;
- 3 inflorescences of dry cloves;
- 9% vinegar (one tablespoon).
How to cook:
- Cauliflower is divided into parts, white cabbage is cut into strips, sweet pepper is cut into 4 equal parts, cucumbers and tomatoes do not need to be cut.
- Preparing the marinade - for this you need to mix the necessary ingredients with water and leave to boil on the stove.
- We form a preparation: put horseradish, dill and garlic at the bottom (chopping it is not necessary), vegetables are arranged in order (from bottom to top) - white cabbage, cauliflower, pepper, cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Boiling water is added to the vegetables and left covered for 10 minutes, then the water is removed and poured with marinade, and after 20 minutes. add vinegar, tightly roll up the container and wrap it with a warm blanket.
Cauliflower in tomato sauce (video)
The proposed recipes are able to diversify the winter preparations of even the most demanding housewife, in addition, cauliflower is a versatile vegetable with which you can come up with your own recipes for pickles.