Accustomed to high-quality and long-preserved canned goods, many housewives prefer to cook just such at home. In order for preservation to be pleasing, they prefer to use home-made autoclaves for canning, while both industrial and self-made devices are popular.
A homemade electric autoclave is an inexpensive electric sterilizer, an indispensable assistant to a modern housewife who loves to please home-made delicacies.
How to make canned meat in an autoclave
Recipes of meat preparations at home take into account the thorough and high-quality pasteurization of the product. Confidence that the stew is cooked to the desired state will give the use of an autoclave as a sterilizer. Household appliances are often a stainless steel conservative that runs on gas.
To prepare the meat reserve for the winter should be prepared:
- about a pound of fresh beef;
- 90 g of sunflower oil;
- small onion;
- spices, salt to taste.
The listed ingredients manage to fill a half-liter jar of canned meat.
To prepare, observe the sequence of actions:
- Prepared glass containers are filled with products according to the recipe, after which the caps are hermetically sealed.
- At the bottom of the container is placed a wooden grate, on which cans with preservation are placed in layers: one on top of the other.
- Pour cold water into the device, covering the container with preservation by at least 2 cm.
- Close and fix the lid of the autoclave, pump air into the device (pressure 1 atm).
- A gas autoclave is heated on gas to a temperature of 110 degrees.
- The gas is turned off and the device is left to cool water (at least 30 degrees).
- After that, the air is released, the liquid is drained.
It is advisable to store such delicacies in a cool place: a cellar, an underground floor, a basement are suitable. You can also use an autoclave for preserving vegetables, household appliances will help to make the harvest without sterilization, but with the observance of pasteurization rules.
Autoclave canning of summer salad: an easy recipe
Sometimes in the winter, I want to remember the aromas and taste of summer, which is why housewives prefer to preserve various vegetable salads. Cooking salads in an autoclave helps to preserve summer vitamins and store such canned foods for a long time.
For the dish prepare:
- tomatoes 5 pieces;
- 3-5 pieces of cucumbers;
- 3 bell peppers;
- 30 g of salt and sugar;
- vinegar - half a glass;
- 750 ml of water.
From this list of ingredients you can make a liter jar of salad.
- Prepare glass containers and lids.
- Cut the vegetables into slices, lay in a jar in layers.
- Mix the ingredients for the marinade, bring to a boil, pour the salad.
- Cork jars and place them in an autoclave one on top of the other, as prescribed by the instructions for use.
- The principle of operation of the autoclave is the same as for the preparation of canned meat.
After cooling the water, the containers are removed from the sterilizer and cooling is continued at room temperature.
Home-made mushrooms according to the Russian recipe
You can choose a mushroom recipe based on the taste preferences of family members. But in a traditional and proven way, you can cook mushrooms according to Russian custom. This method is simple and easy, but requires an automatic sterilizer for cooking.
For such an appetizer, you should prepare:
- a kilogram of mushrooms;
- five bay leaves;
- salt and sugar in a ratio of 1½ tbsp. l : ½ tbsp;
- vinegar - a couple of tablespoons.
Preservation is done in the following way:
- Glass containers are prepared: washed, poured with boiling water.
- Boil the mushrooms for five minutes, drain the water, wash the mushrooms.
- Boil in water with spices for 10 minutes, at the end add a bite.
- They are laid out in jars, corked.
- Sent to the sterilizer and continue the process until ready. After cooling, the finished canned food is removed and brought to readiness at room temperature.
Characteristics of the use of the autoclave in everyday life indicate the ease and accessibility of the work, which distinguishes both imported and domestic models.
Cooking a traditional autoclave appetizer
Kuban salad is distinguished by a piquant taste that has absorbed all the aromas and specifics that distinguish the Krasnodar Territory. This salad is also known in industrial design, it is popular among housewives seeking to make a delicacy with their own hands.
For cooking, take the components:
- 250 g of cabbage;
- 150 g sweet bell pepper;
- tomatoes - about half a kilogram;
- 120 g of onion;
- 50 g of sunflower oil;
- salt - 15 g;
- spices to taste;
- vinegar essence - 5 g.
- Prepare glass containers and lids.
- Cut and chop vegetables, lay in jars in layers.
- Pour the cabbage with marinade, leave for a quarter of an hour.
- Marinade is prepared, the salad is poured in jars, the jars are corked.
- A salad is cooked in an autoclave over a period of time.
Beans are added to taste to such a salad, which should first be boiled a little. Suitable for salad and corn: canned in this way, it retains all the nutritional properties.
Natural fish in oil sauce: a simple recipe
Cooking fish is also straightforward.
Such a dish is prepared from the following ingredients:
- a kilogram of fish without a head and entrails;
- 11 g of salt;
- bay leaf, peppercorns;
- 30 g of sunflower oil.
- Prepare containers and lids.
- The fish is cut into pieces, placed in a jar, after placing all the spices on the bottom.
- In this case, the fish itself is sprinkled with salt, pepper.
- Fill the fish with oil, roll up the lids.
- Place in an autoclave and carry out the sterilization process on the principle of canned meat.
Do-it-yourself home-made autoclave!
It has not been a secret for a good housewife for a long time that with the help of an autoclave the canning process is quick and convenient. How to make a useful unit on your own? Home craftsmen adapted for these purposes to use ordinary gas cylinders.
The sequence of actions is as follows:
- A metal container previously freed of gas is blown through with air.
- Gently, with the help of a special cutting tool, the upper part of the cylinder is separated (later it will turn into a cap).
- Flanges for bolts are welded to both parts (cover and main tank).
- Holes are cut out in the lid and installed: pressure gauge, thermometer, safety valve (suitable from a water heater), tap.
- Between the main part of the unit and the cover, the gasket will be a circle made of dense rubber or paronite.
- A manufactured autoclave must pass the test, for which compressed air is pumped into it.
- A grill or stand is installed inside the autoclave, on which containers with preservation will subsequently be installed (it is forbidden to install glass containers on the unprotected bottom of the unit!).
This simple, but very useful device will greatly simplify the life of your beloved wife in the kitchen.
Proper use of a self-made autoclave: instructions for use
Before you begin to sterilize cans with preservation, you need to check the quality of the capping. How to do it right? Pour water into a bucket or other large container and lower the jars of meat or fish. Bubbles do not appear?
Everything is fine, you can start the sterilization process:
- Special metal brackets worn on each jar will help to avoid the breakdown of the lids from the inside pressure.
- Install containers with preservation in two rows, putting between them a layer with several holes.
- Pour a few liters of lukewarm water into the cylinder and tightly connect both parts of the unit.
- It will take up to 2 hours to sterilize (including the heating process, sterilization itself and cooling).
- It is important to remember that the meat in the workpiece will be more juicy and tasty if cooked at high temperature and not too long.
- It is forbidden to open the cylinder after sterilization for half an hour - during this time the pressure will equal the atmospheric pressure.
- To complete the process by carefully inspecting containers with preservation - if the caps are slightly swollen - it's okay, after complete cooling, the deformation will disappear.
Ode to the autoclave: reviews
The opinions of the housewives about the use of the autoclave in the difficult season of canning are unambiguous - the unit helps to reduce the time required for sterilization, allows you to engage in a difficult process on the street, and positively affects the duration of storage of blanks.
Experienced housewives recommend a few weeks to monitor the status of contents in banks. If the sterilization process went wrong and of poor quality, then the remaining microbes will certainly begin their destructive effect in conservation. Alarming symptoms in banks - a reason to throw away the contents. No need to panic - if everything is done correctly, then unpredictable unpleasant consequences usually do not arise.
Do not forget about unpleasant moments - some kulibins manage to make an autoclave from old sheets of iron, which threatens a strong explosion during operation. Metal not intended for high pressure has tiny chips or cracks, which must be taken into account before proceeding with the manufacture of the appliance necessary in the kitchen. It is better to play it safe and use a gas cylinder.
Budget chicken stew in an autoclave (video)
In every modern family, seasonal preparation of winter delicacies is a traditional and very responsible occupation. Each housewife, and sometimes the male half of the family, is willing to do home canning with pleasure. This is not only a profitable saving of the household budget and the ability to preserve the grown crop, but also a real chance to excel in unusual recipes, to show the world a model of practicality and prudence. The time-consuming and costly production has long received a new color due to the use of new technologies for the kitchen: combines, blenders, mixers, autoclaves. Modern home autoclaves differ in assortment: they are adapted for use on gas appliances, there are also options that have their own heater.
The modern choice of autoclaves for canning is very extensive: Finland produces devices, the American autoclave is also popular, canned in mini-devices or devices with a high degree of operation. The device can be bought inexpensively and profitably, a recipe book is usually attached to it, so most housewives prefer to have it in their kitchen.